Teaching Yoga and Mindfulness to Teens, Glasgow June 2018
June 30 - July 4
Price – £650. All profits from this course go to the Teen Yoga Foundation.
Join Yvonne Morey for a training course in teaching yoga and mindfulness to teens . This course will be held at Merchant City Yoga in Glasgow.
The teen yoga course is designed to inspire professionals who work with young people, to use integral yoga and mindfulness to better support and scaffold young people across the globe.
The course is based on 30 years of experience working with young people as an educator and yoga therapist for mental health. It is evidence based, giving solid and clear examples of what works when sharing yoga with young people.
The course covers topics such as
- how to apply yogic techniques to behavioural issues in the classroom or elsewhere
- the neurobiology of teenagers and the effect yoga can have on brain development
- the anatomy of teenagers and what to think about when practising asana
- the meaning of spirituality in the life of a teen today
- the socio-psychology of teenagers across the word and impact of social media
- the relationship between yoga and connection
- common mental health issues arising during puberty and how to avoid or heal them with yoga
- integration of mind, body and spirit, as well as integration into society and yoga
- yoga as conflict resolution
- embodied literacy
- ministry of presence
- mindfulness practise and exercise
- Government guidelines on current youth policy and yoga
- chakras and young people
- marketing your course to schools and councils
- funding streams
- support beyond the course (Supervision)
The course uses mixed pedagogic techniques, such as student-led enquiry, journalling and group work held in a safe space where students are encouraged to dive deep in their own soul to find meaning and compassion using specific therapeutic tools.
There are places on the course. You can book below.
This course is NOT accredited by Yoga Alliance Professionals UK.